POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Puting the ID in Stupid. : Re: Puting the ID in Stupid. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puting the ID in Stupid.
From: Warp
Date: 24 Mar 2008 08:36:00
Message: <47e7ae40@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Although his right to offend Muslims falls under the freedom of
> expression, many people think that it is unwise because of the expected
> violent reaction in Islamic countries.

  Some people say that freedom of expression does not give the right to
insult people based on things like their religion.

  My answer to that is that if people are allowed to publish documentaries
about extreme christianity with impunity (as is certainly the case), they
should be allowed to publish documentaries about extreme forms of *any*
religion, regardless of what that religion is. No religion should be
considered above any other religion in this respect (and, more specifically,
islam must not be considered more protected against criticism than
christianity).

  If the argument against publishing criticism of islam is that you should
not do it if you value your life then there's something horribly wrong.

--
                                                          - Warp